Sign up for our newsletterUseful Cyprus Information Limassol Marina Currency Converter Cyprus Property News
- Russian Embargo Costs Cyprus 13 Million Euros
- Cyprus Announces Measures Against Turkey Following Invasion Of It's EEZ
- Cyprus News Round Up
- Cyprus President Calls On The United Nations To Help Recall Turkish Navy
- SSAFA Cyprus 10 Kilometre Challenge 25 October 2014
- Information On The Ebola Virus
- Cyprus Foreign Minister Discusses Turkish Aggression With EU Partners
- British Tornados Based In Akrotiri Cyprus Attack ISIS In Iraq
- Turkish Cypriot Leader Wishes Cyprus Talks To Resume
- Cyprus Defence Minister Talks About Turkish Ship In Cyprus Waters
- Over 17.% Less British Tourists Visited Cyprus In September 2014
- Cyprus News Round Up
- Cyprus President Replies To Turkish Aggression
- Court Case Set For Billy, The Cyprus Dog Dumped In A Hotel Paper Container
- Update On Court Case For Dog Tied To Vehicle And Dragged Around Limassol Cyprus - 19 October 2014
Information for Cyprus Expats on the various Fruit & Vegetable Markets, Car Boot Sales, Antique Markets and Flea Markets in Cyprus.
Linopetra Market Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk
The market, in it's various forms, is an adventure and a cultural Cyprus experience. Discovering the new varieties of fruit and vegetables, including in some cases the size, the hustle and bustle, the large variety of produce and articles to purchase, makes this a really exciting place to visit.
Here is a list of places to visit and experience locals and tourists seeking out the best deals.
Limassol Municipal Market
The Limassol Municipal Market is to be found in the Old Town of Limassol. It has an area of 3000 sq mts and was built in 1917. You will find fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, sweets and household goods on sale there. You still have a sense of days gone by when you visit. Photos
Linopetra Corner Market
This popular market is situated by the Linopetra Corner, nearby the Ajax Hotel. It has a large free car park inside the grounds of the market and opposite, as well as toilets. Lot's of fruit and vegetables brought from the outlying villages, antiques, car boot sales, second hand clothing and articles cater to all nationalities, as well as tourists. Contact Jimmy on 99 61 28 32 for information on renting space.
There are refreshments, specialist snack bars and Iranian kebabs. Photos
Limassol Sunday Market
The Limassol Sunday Market is to be found on the Limassol seafront just in front of the Agia Napa Church. There is a bus stop in front and it is just two minutes from the Old Town Roundabout.
This open air market is open every Sunday from 0700 -1700 in the winter and from 0700 - 1900 in the summer. Amongst the many low cost stalls, you will find clothes, perfumes, sunglasses, watches, shoes, make up, reading glasses, mobile phones and lot's of ethnic foods from Cyprus, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Phillipines and India.
Duck Pond Market
0800 - 1400 Sunday + 0800 - 1400 Wednesday
A large market with indoor & outdoor stalls. The many articles on sale include handnade cards, clothes, jewellery, books, garden equipment, hardware, home made cakes and sweets. There isno fruit & vegetables on sale.
To book a stall call Wendy 96349057 & Ron 96586744
Directions - Direction of Coral Bay, then turn right at Mikes.
Timi Village Market
0800 - 1400 every Sunday, open air.
We have more Cyprus information in our Useful Cyprus Information feature here