Sign up for our newsletterUseful Cyprus Information Limassol Marina Currency Converter Cyprus Property News
- United Nations Statement On The Resumed Cyprus Talks
- Cyprus Recorded 13.3% More British Tourist Arrivals In April
- Bird Life Cyprus Slams Government Plans To Allow Bird Trapping
- Cyprus President Speaks Ahead Of Today's Resumption Of Peace Talks
- Cyprus News
- Cyprus Classic Car Rally In Paphos 17 May
- Cyprus Talks Expected To Intensify In The Period Ahead
- Paphos District In Cyprus To Benefit From Recycling Scheme
- Cyprus Included In European Commission Migrants Scheme
- Cyprus News
- Cyprus Back In Business 2 Years After Banking Crisis
- The Master Plan For Dasoudi In Limassol Cyprus
- Cyprus News
- Cyprus Households Face More Charges For Non Recyclable Waste
- 50 Years Of Polish Excavations Exhibition Nea Paphos In Cyprus Opens
Information for Cyprus Expats on the various Fruit & Vegetable Markets, Car Boot Sales, Antique Markets and Flea Markets in Cyprus.
Linopetra Market Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk
The market, in it's various forms, is an adventure and a cultural Cyprus experience. Discovering the new varieties of fruit and vegetables, including in some cases the size, the hustle and bustle, the large variety of produce and articles to purchase, makes this a really exciting place to visit.
Here is a list of places to visit and experience locals and tourists seeking out the best deals.
Limassol Municipal Market
The Limassol Municipal Market is to be found in the Old Town of Limassol. It has an area of 3000 sq mts and was built in 1917. You will find fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, sweets and household goods on sale there. You still have a sense of days gone by when you visit. Photos
Linopetra Corner Market
This popular market is situated by the Linopetra Corner, nearby the Ajax Hotel. It has a large free car park inside the grounds of the market and opposite, as well as toilets. Lot's of fruit and vegetables brought from the outlying villages, antiques, car boot sales, second hand clothing and articles cater to all nationalities, as well as tourists. Contact Jimmy on 99 61 28 32 for information on renting space.
There are refreshments, specialist snack bars and Iranian kebabs. Photos
Limassol Sunday Market
The Limassol Sunday Market is to be found on the Limassol seafront just in front of the Agia Napa Church. There is a bus stop in front and it is just two minutes from the Old Town Roundabout.
This open air market is open every Sunday from 0700 -1700 in the winter and from 0700 - 1900 in the summer. Amongst the many low cost stalls, you will find clothes, perfumes, sunglasses, watches, shoes, make up, reading glasses, mobile phones and lot's of ethnic foods from Cyprus, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Phillipines and India.
Duck Pond Market
0800 - 1400 Sunday + 0800 - 1400 Wednesday
A large market with indoor & outdoor stalls. The many articles on sale include handnade cards, clothes, jewellery, books, garden equipment, hardware, home made cakes and sweets. There isno fruit & vegetables on sale.
To book a stall call Wendy 96349057 & Ron 96586744
Directions - Direction of Coral Bay, then turn right at Mikes.
Timi Village Market
0800 - 1400 every Sunday, open air.
We would like to keep updating this list. if you have a market nearby you that we have not inclused, please contact us with all the relevant details here
Last Updated 13 April 2015