Back to overview

Villages Of Cyprus - The Abandoned Paramali Village

Bookmark and Share

Information on the original abandoned Paramali Village

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

The original Paramali Village is situated in the Limassol District of Cyprus and lies close to Avdimou, Agios Thomas, Alektora, Anogyra, Pissouri and Prastio Avdimou villages.

The village was inhabited solely by Turkish Cypriots during the Ottoman Empire rule. Greek Cypriots began to arrive in the village from 1891 and was a mixed village until 1963, when the Greek Cypriot population left the village due to the unrest on the island at that time.

The homes in the village have fallen into serious decay, with many of the homes now ruins, due to lack of maintenance. The sole building still intact is the mosque.

The new Paramali Village, which was originally named "Paramali Station", lies south of the original village and is mainly inhabited by displaced Greek Cypriot refugees from the north of Cyprus and British Army personnel from the nearby bases.

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

Abandoned Paramali Village                                                        Photo © CyprusExpat.co.uk

© CyprusExpat.co.uk

CYPRUS VILLAGES              CYPRUS VILLAGE PHOTOS               CYPRUS VILLAGE FESTIVALS

Bookmark and Share